MedGuard is a defense coverage offered by ProAd that works as an adjunct to an Insured's professional liability coverage.
MedGuard adds an extra layer of security beyond traditional medical malpractice coverage by helping to defray the costs associated with expensive administrative proceedings that Insureds or their professional organizations can be subject to.
MedGuard pays to defend you against certain administrative proceedings concerning:
Privacy Breach Coverage
A data breach can happen accidentally or on purpose — through stolen or lost laptops or portable storage devices/drivers, a hacked web site or computer, discarded but still readable records, employee error or malicious intent. No matter how the breach occurs, you are legally responsible for the consequences.
These can include regulatory fines, notifying all potential victims, immediate remediation costs, responding to any claims or lawsuits resultant from the breach, and much more.That's why ProAd offers two levels of data breach protection. e-dataRESPONSE privacy breach coverage is included in MedGuard legal defense coverage. It provides substantial coverage for a variety of regulatory and legal obligations related to the breach of electronic or paper records.
For more information on our MedGuard legal defense coverage, click here.
e-dataRESPONSE is here to help you navigate the complicated legal response to a data breach and cover payment, on behalf of the Insured, for out-of-pocket expenses including:
- Legal services to respond to or defend an insured event
- Computer security consultant services to determine the cause and extent of a data breach for which the Insured has legal responsibility to provide notification or mitigation
- Legal defense against a civil action brought by someone alleging damages due to a privac breach
- Fines or penalties by a government agency due to the privacy breach
- Fees and other expenses the Insured becomes legally obligated to pay to implement credit monitoring or other mitigation for persons affected by the breach of private information
For Even Stronger Protection
A privacy breach can expose one file or millions, and the expenses involved in a breach can be huge. For more comprehensive breach response including cyber liability protection, ProAd offers e-dataRESPONSE+. For more information on e-dataRESPONSE+, click here.